Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Thailand

                                                 Phuket

 
  We stayed at the southern tip of Thailand, near Panwa Beach from August 24th through September 5th (rainy season). After a couple days of rain and almost booking a flight to Austrailia, the sun came out, guns blazing. I don't think I've ever been so sunburned in my life. Dillon nicknamed me "Mr. Krabs". 
   For $60, we rented a scooter for 7 days. That was the best investment we made. Most everyone in Thailand drives a scooter so the roads were packed.  A lady told us "Go slow. Stay on the left". Oooooookay. We drove that thing everywhere! To temples, different beaches, markets, Big Buddha, all over. 
                                                                     Wat Chalong


We both desperately wanted to visit the Phi Phi islands so we set up transportation and took off... The only bad part was the 2 hour ferry ride. But once you get there, you won't want to leave. If i could've changed anything about this trip, it would be to spend more time on the island and less on the mainland. We liked it so much, we booked another night as soon as we got there. Our "room", more like bungalow, was super cute. I seriously loved the balcony. 
                                                                     Bay View Resort
Hippies had night fire twirling shows!

We booked an excursion with the people at our hotel to see Monkey beach and snorkel.... Absolute BEST excursion and snorkeling we've done so far. I had a baby monkey crawl up in my lap (trying to steal all my accessories). He was so fun.
We made our sad way back to the mainland but we ended up finding our favorite beach!
(We drove by Patong Beach and it was severely overcrowded)  Rawai Beach was stunning and the food vendors were legit. We had shish kebobs, fresh fruit, corn on the cob, and grilled shrimp. We played in the waves for most of the afternoon and wished we had booked the hotel we could see from the water.
I begged Dillon to take me to Laem Promthep Cape viewpoint. It's the southernmost tip of Thailand and we were not disappointed. From the views to all the Elephant statues, it was phenomenal.
Thailand was an extremely friendly country and we can't wait to go back. The best advice I can give is to try all the food and experience all the culture. You will come home with a new heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 1.    This just a list of places in the United States I have been that I have think other people would enjoy also!  Not in any particul...