Monday, July 30, 2018

The Rules of Travel

                     The Rules of Travel!

1. BE RESPECTFUL. This is rule number 1 for a reason. It is most important to me. I have witnessed Americans (numerous times) act very entitled in places they actually aren't at all. I have been so embarrassed at times I wanted to disappear. 

2. KEEP AN OPEN MIND. Travel will expose you to so many different customs and beliefs. Religion has always been a question mark for me so I love learning how others worship and what they believe. It is a beautiful thing!

3. PACK LITE. The most annoying thing for me is waiting on luggage to come off the plane. Most people overpack! Dillon and I have mastered the carry-on and I've never looked back. Going to the beach? Swimsuits and dresses are all you need. Seriously, leave all that extra at the house. 

4. TRY THE FOOD. Don't curl your nose at something you've never tried. Unless it's super weird then whatever. Street food is cheap and pretty dang good! 


5. DONT BE AFRAID OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. We have taken the public bus too many times to count. Either pay $40 for a taxi to town or $3 for the bus. I'm saving $37 every time. 

6. MAKE A DEAL. Want to do an excursion? You don't have to take the first price people throw out at you. Also, booking at the resort is more than likely going to be more expensive than booking with someone out of the beach! We've used the beach people multiple times and it's been worth it. 



7. TAKE A BAG. A backpack or beach tote will be your best friend. 

8. DO SOME RESEARCH. Before we left for Thailand, I was on my computer every day trying to get an idea of how to dress! It ended up being very beneficial when visiting the temples. If you're feeling funky, go to https://www.duolingo.com or download the app and study up on the language too. Never know when you might need it. 


9. SPEAKING OF RESEARCH... Get on Pinterest and look up things to do, places to see, where to eat, how to get around, most instagramable spots, whatever floats your boat! It helps tremendously. 

10. TAKE ALL THE PICTURES YOU CAN. You won't get that moment back. I will never regret always having my phone or GoPro. What a time to be alive! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 1.    This just a list of places in the United States I have been that I have think other people would enjoy also!  Not in any particul...